Turbulent diffusion

Hi EE experts.
I have some questions about turbulent diffusion in hydrodynamic options.First, what’s the meaning of the AHD (Dimensional Hor. Momentum Diffusion) ? and can you provide me the formula or document about the parameter which can explain how it works ? Second, the third option in Horizontal Kinematic mentions the WC Diffusion, so WC means the water concentration or water column?Dose it have some difference to the second option which only activate HMD with Smagorinsky ? I simulated the water quality with these two options, it shows that the time series with the third option is smoother than that with the second option. Third, Maximum Magnitudes for Diffusivity Terms of Turbulent Diffusion option shows that Use maximums check box was selected by default, does it have some effects on the diffusion ?
Hope your attention.
HuaLei

HuaLei wrote: Hi EE experts. I have some questions about turbulent diffusion in hydrodynamic options.First, what's the meaning of the AHD (Dimensional Hor. Momentum Diffusion) ? and can you provide me the formula or document about the parameter which can explain how it works ? Second, the third option in Horizontal Kinematic mentions the WC Diffusion, so WC means the water concentration or water column?Dose it have some difference to the second option which only activate HMD with Smagorinsky ? I simulated the water quality with these two options, it shows that the time series with the third option is smoother than that with the second option. Third, Maximum Magnitudes for Diffusivity Terms of Turbulent Diffusion option shows that Use maximums check box was selected by default, does it have some effects on the diffusion ? Hope your attention. HuaLei
Hi Hualei, More explanations on the HMD can be found in this document. Please search a keyword of "horizontal diffusion". https://eemodelingsystem.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EEREF/pages/2380249/Turbulence+Optionshttps://eemodelingsystem.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ETG/pages/2385266/3.2+Basic+Equation+of+Advection-Diffusion+Transport WC is standing for the Water Column. Hope this helps. // Tinh