The sediment load model

Hello:
Can we set the paramenters related to the sediment transport model spatiotemporal heterogeneity in the EE ? Thank you.

Victor

Yes, you can. You can set the Spatially Varying Bed Conditions in the Sediment transport model at You can also make a sediment core and then interpolate for your whole model domain.

But how to set the settle velocity Temporal and spatial heterogeneity? Thank you.

cxf19850210 wrote: Hello:
Can we set the paramenters related to the sediment transport model spatiotemporal heterogeneity in the EE ? Thank you.

Victor
Maybe I misunderstood your first question, I am sorry for that.
The answer for above question is "No". EFDC can simulate sediment transport with many different sizes of particles (through sediment layers) and their sizes will not change, it means that the kinds of sediment must be defined in advance.
During the process of simulation, the concentration of sediment can be change depending on the bed shear stress, but the kinds of particles cannot change.

If my study area is estuary,in order to ensure that my simulation correct,can i calibrate the parameter in and out estuary respectively? Thank you.