The format of Time- and space- varying benthic flux file

Hi everyone,I need to make time- and space- varying benthic flux files in the eutrophication module for nutrient benthic fluxes. I use EFDC_Explorer 8.4. I have read through the manual but still couldn’t figure out how to do that. Can anyone give me some instructions and provide me an example file. Thanks,Hengchen

Hi Hengchen,As in the manual, the steps-by-step to process your case as below. (See attached images)1. You should assign the number of zone in Zone frame (Figure 1)2. Assign the number of time block for each zone in Block Time frame (Figure 1)3. Assign parameters for each time block of each zone in Spatial/Temporal Varying Benthic Flux Rates frame (Figure 1)4. Assign the location of each zone by select Set Zone button (Figure 1)After you select Set Zone in figure 1, Apply Cell Properties via Polygon form will appear as in the figure 2, each zone will have 3 parameters are Mud Zone, Sand Zone and Percent Mud of each zone. 5. In this form, you should put in the polygon that is the bound of each zone you set in Figure 1 in Poly File frame6. In Sediment Flux Mud/Sand Zonation frame, select parameter as Mud Zone, select Use Constant button, then type in the zone number in Operator or Value box 7. Click Apply button to assign the Mud zone to the sediment flux zone 8. Do the same steps from step 5 to step 7 for sand zone and Percent Mud.Note: Percent Mud is the mud fraction of each sediment flux zone, so you should type in the number that is the percent of mud in that zone instead of zone numberHope these steps will help you understand more clearly on processing this model

Hi Hengchen,As in the manual, the steps-by-step to process your case as below. (See attached images)1. You should assign the number of zone in Zone frame (Figure 1)2. Assign the number of time block for each zone in Block Time frame (Figure 1)3. Assign parameters for each time block of each zone in Spatial/Temporal Varying Benthic Flux Rates frame (Figure 1)4. Assign the location of each zone by select Set Zone button (Figure 1)After you select Set Zone in figure 1, Apply Cell Properties via Polygon form will appear as in the figure 2, each zone will have 3 parameters are Mud Zone, Sand Zone and Percent Mud of each zone. 5. In this form, you should put in the polygon that is the bound of each zone you set in Figure 1 in Poly File frame6. In Sediment Flux Mud/Sand Zonation frame, select parameter as Mud Zone, select Use Constant button, then type in the zone number in Operator or Value box 7. Click Apply button to assign the Mud zone to the sediment flux zone 8. Do the same steps from step 5 to step 7 for sand zone and Percent Mud.Note: Percent Mud is the mud fraction of each sediment flux zone, so you should type in the number that is the percent of mud in that zone instead of zone numberHope these steps will help you understand more clearly on processing this model