Question about Aeration with the withdrawal/return boundary

Hello,

I am working on a 3D water quality of a large lake which has both a recirculation system and an aeration system. The aeration system is comprised of over 100 aerators connected to 18 ports. For both of these systems I am using the withdrawal/return boundary condition. Is there a way to import from CAD the locations of these aeration pods into EFDC+ than assign all aerator locations the same airflow? Or is the only way to accomplish this to overlay the locations of the aerators and individually assign each aerator port to the corresponding aerator pod?

Thank you for any help.

Hello jpenderghast

If 100 aerators are in the model domain then I think you can set each aerator for the respective port, but if they are out of the model domain, like you mentioned above, “the only way to accomplish this to overlay the locations of the aerators and individually assign each aerator port to the corresponding aerator pod”

Sincerely,

Thank you so much, I was able to add all the aerators using the withdrawal/return boundary, However I am having difficulty assigning air to the aerators. he aerators blow air at a flow of 0.002 CMS, Right now I have it set as a flow of 0.002 CMS, Is there a way to specify this flow is for air not water? Thank you so much for your help.

I am sorry, but we do not have the option to set the flow as air and not water.