Propwash basic model

Good morning,

I’m having a hard time creating a basic model for propwash. Anybody tried that before? Any tips?

Thank you for your inquiry about propwash modeling.

Please access the hands-on materials for EEMS propwash modeling from the link provided below. These materials will guide you through the basic processes of model development, model run, and model result visualization for propwash. While the training materials were established based on EEMS version 11.6, they should also be compatible with later versions such as 11.7 and 11.8. If you have any further questions or encounter difficulties while using these materials, please feel free to let us know. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/mUytKcsHZmw2nOK8

Thanks a lot. I will start on the material right now.

When I try to get online data, as instructed on page 18, after we adjusted the timing, the model crashes. It simply closes. This happened to me before if I made a mistake, but I am following the instructions to the letter. What could be? How to fix it?

Dear Tarik,

Thank you for bringing the issue you encountered to our attention. I’ve reviewed the instructions on page 18 of the handout, which outline how to download harmonic data online to specify the external forcing data of water level. Upon your comment, I quickly tested the steps using EEMS version 11.8.2, and the function worked smoothly from my end, as demonstrated in the video below.

Given that there could be various reasons for the software crashing in your case, would you be able to record and share the process you went through? This would help me better understand the circumstances surrounding the issue you faced. Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

try this link

Dear Tarik,

Thank you for sharing the video recording of the issue you encountered. After reviewing your demonstration, I noticed that you are using version 12.0 of the software. In an attempt to replicate the problem, I tested the same steps using the 12.0 version, but unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue you’re facing. Additionally, since your demonstration was based on the example model folder we provided, I don’t believe the model input is the cause of the problem.

Therefore, I will need to discuss this matter with the software development team to determine the underlying cause of the issue. In the meantime, I suggest bypassing the associated step by using the previously built model files we provided and focusing on practicing other modules first, such as sediment transport and propwash. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your understanding.

Thank you.