Problem defining river open outflow boundary

Hi,I am working on a segment of a river and want to use an open outflow boundary at the downstream instead of setting constant outflow in card 24 of EFDC.inp because I think the model should define how much water to get out of the river domain. I want to define open boundary at cell(i,j) 5,5 and 5,6 in the south boundary. But whenever, I run the model it says cell to the north is not active. I am attaching my test model (without the efdc.exe) that is running smoothly but the outflow boundary condition is not defined(which can be defined as the negative number at C24 but I don’t want to use it rather I want to use open boundary ). Please let me know how should I fix my open boundary.I have tried changing C16 NPBS value to 2, then defining i,j values in C18 as 5,5 and 5,6, then changing C47,48 but the model only creates some value then stops. I highly appreciate your help. Thanks.
efdc_roy.zip

A few things,(1) based on the orientation of your cell map, open boundaries at Cell i,j 5,5 and 5,6 should be West open boundaries, rather than South.(2) you do not have any pser.inp file in the zip you sent, which you will need in order to specify the time series for the open boundary. So I could not attempt to setup the open boundary properly without that information.(3) it appears you have a bad corners.inp file. I get the error “i index out of range”.As I’ve suggested in other posts, I would strongly recommend using the updated version of the code and executable provided on our github: https://github.com/dsi-llc/EFDCPlusThe grid generating tool we provide will help with some of the issues you seem to be having with your grid input files.Tom

Taking a look at your grid I have comments:1. Grid is not good on hydrodynamics aspectAs I understood that you created the Cartesian grid with EE, however some places water flows through only a grid cell face. So you should remake the grid so fix the issue (at least three cells at red rectangle in the attached image).2. Upstream BC- It should have a proper name instead of using a number. (e.g Inflow)- Constant flow for a boundary should assigned to an end-north cell instead for two far way cells3. Downstream BC- The user wants to set open boundary for two end-south cells, in fact this boundary is not yet configured.- To set open BC for these two cells, the user should prepare timeseries of WL (e.g tide) then using this time series assigned to the boundary- Can put a name of this BC as “Tide” or “DS_WL” etc- It is recommended to set boundaries of the model from EE interface as avoiding mistakes from editing EFDC.inp file4. Temperature and dye is not configured to inflow boundary of the model yet.

Taking a look at your grid I have comments:1. Grid is not good on hydrodynamics aspectAs I understood that you created the Cartesian grid with EE, however some places water flows through only a grid cell face. So you should remake the grid so fix the issue (at least three cells at red rectangle in the attached image).2. Upstream BC- It should have a proper name instead of using a number. (e.g Inflow)- Constant flow for a boundary should assigned to an end-north cell instead for two far way cells3. Downstream BC- The user wants to set open boundary for two end-south cells, in fact this boundary is not yet configured.- To set open BC for these two cells, the user should prepare timeseries of WL (e.g tide) then using this time series assigned to the boundary- Can put a name of this BC as “Tide” or “DS_WL” etc- It is recommended to set boundaries of the model from EE interface as avoiding mistakes from editing EFDC.inp file4. Temperature and dye is not configured to inflow boundary of the model yet.