Please give me some advice about adsorption of some kind of cohesive sediment for P

My EFDC Model simulation result show that a reservoir has the trend of eutrophication and algae growth constraints is phosphorus, so that throwing in some materials with the adsorption of phosphorus are effective way to alleviate eutrophication. Coincidentally, local copper milltailings have the advantages of small size and adsorption of phosphorus. So we want to evaluate the effect of alleviate eutrophication with throwing in copper milltailings by simulating the reservoir water quality and algae . For all I know in the EFDC software only “KPO4p” (partition coefficient for sorbed/dissolved PO4) represent adsorption of all sediment or TSS for phosphorus in the whole reservoir, however the EFDC software seemingly can not differentiate different adsorption of sediment for phosphorus. This is very important becasue there is big difference in adsorption of phosphorus between copper milltailings and natural sediment. In addition we only throw in copper milltailings at area where eutrophication is serious. According to the above two points, we have to find a parameter or other methods to represent adsorption of copper milltailings. Maybe I am not familiar with the EFDC, so I want to get your suggestion about this. Please help me.

Currently there is no capability for loss terms for phosphates in EFDC other than the kinetics associated with eutrophication. However, one way you could achieve the removal that you want is to set the linkage to total active metals (TAM). You could adjust the settings for TAM as phosphate sorbs to both TSS and TAM. If TAM is not linked to anything else in the model then you could use this as a work around.