Outflow problem for lake temperature simulation

Learning about lake temperature simulations,Why is the import flow the same as the export flow,The inflow is measured and whether the outflow is calculated?When calculating the hydrodynamics of a river,The outlet is generally set water level,Why not set the water level for the discharge of lake outflow

I would like to answer your questions.

1. Why is the inflow and outflow is same.

I am not very clear about your question. Are you talking about models in general or your particular model?

If you are working on our model’s example, sometimes we utilize the same inflow and outflow to keep water balance.

In actuality, the inflow and outflow discharges are different. Do you export the correct station?

If you have observed inflow or outflow data (water level or discharge), you can set up using those as the boundary conditions.

1. The inflow is measured and whether the outflow is calculated?

In this model, you need to establish the boundary conditions for both inflow and outflow. If you have access to observed inflow or outflow data (water level or discharge), you can incorporate that information into the setup.

1. When calculating the hydrodynamics of a river. The outlet is generally set water level. Why not set the water level for the discharge of lake outflow?

The outflow can be adjusted based on observed data, such as water level or discharge, according to your observed data.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

May I ask a question? why my ourflow doesn’t work. When I set inflow and outflow, the lake’s depth is going up. When I set outflow but don’t set inflow, the lake’s depth doesn’t change.

出入口设置一样的就行了,不一致,水深肯定有影响