I would like to know how to output fluxes for each parameter

Hello I am using EFDC 8.1 version.I have two questions.1.What does it mean to print out the result as shown in the attached photo in View Plan?2.I’d like to print the flux amount of each parameter (Chl-a, DO, TOC, etc.).What I’m talking about is not bentic flux, I want to print the mass per unit area per unit time for each parameter at a specific point.Or does EFDC 8.1 version not printable? If I can’t print it out, can I print it in the higher version?
Flux-Calculation-Options.jpg
Flux-Calculation-Options-1.jpg
water-and-mass-flux-tool.jpg

In the EE8 series there are two approaches you can take: 1. The Water and Mass Flux Tool can be used to extract model results using cross sections indicated by a line (*.p2d). For example, when you want to extract the flow result through a section, in View Plan you can choose Velocities in the Viewing Option and then use the Water and Mass Flux Tool function (See figure 1 attached). EE will calculate the desired cross-sectional flow.2.- For other parameters such as Chl-a, DO, TOC etc in View Plan you can choose Water by Layer then check the Water Quality box and select the factor you want to calculate, for example Chl-a (See figure 2 attached).- Next you can calculate the area of that section by extracting the resulting series of water levels and depth (Area = Depth * WSE). From the Mass Flux rate series calculated above you divide by the cross sectional area you just calculated to get the value you need

Thank you for your reply.I’m writing again because I don’t understand some of the answers.1. In the second example, you gave an example of Chl-a. So we followed and it turns out that the output is output, but only N/S flow is saved when storing, and the results for the selected parameter are not output. I’m curious about this part.2. Does N/S flow mean flow in a specific section created by Active polyline?3. Why is my N/S flow negative? Also, what does negative value mean?4. In the second example, you said that you could calculate the area of the section by extracting the water level and depth. However, I don’t know how to extract the level and depth of that section. And I don’t know exactly how to calculate it.Please reply.

I am writing to ask you something.1.The negative value is said to be related to the flow, but does that mean that the output simply requires minus plus calculated values?Or does that mean water flows upside down in the body?2.I don’t know what each of the flow options you can choose from the Flux Calculation option tab mean.1)Dominant Flow2)I Direction3)J Direction4) Total Flow(Photo Supplement)

• The negative value is related to the direction of the flow- when using the Water and Mass Flux Tool you can only calculate the Mass Flux Rate (g /s), while you want to calculate per unit area, so you need to calculate area of that section

The negative or positive values here are calculated according to the direction of the flow, attached are some pictures which explain in detail:- Figure 1: Dimensions I, J of the computed grid cells.- Figure 2: The direction of flow velocity in the I direction increases.- Figure 3: The direction of flow velocity in the I direction decreases.- Figure 4: Extracted flow series by options.You can look at the pictures to see: - Total Flow option will calculate the absolute value of the flow - selecting I or J Direction will give results in the direction of I or J - Dominant Flow option will give negative or positive (Figure 4) results depending on the direction of the flow (see velocity vector in Figure 2 and Figure 3). If the flow is large in the I direction, the Dominant Flow option will be calculated according to the I direction, and vice versa by the direction J. So the positive value of the flow is only related to the direction of flow.

• The negative value is related to the direction of the flow- when using the Water and Mass Flux Tool you can only calculate the Mass Flux Rate (g /s), while you want to calculate per unit area, so you need to calculate area of that section