EFDC DSI vs EFDC GVC

Hi. I am a bit confused about the difference between EFDC DSI and EFDC GVC. Also I am not sure how to determine whether I am using the correct EFDC Executible files. Can someone help me on this? Under the Run options, what is “Run EFDC_DSI” as shown in the tutorial#5 of westlake? From the utilities that I have downloaded, I was only able to get “Run EFDC GVC” Please help :slight_smile: Thank you!

You have two types of executable files because you can run EFDC model as “EFDC_GVC” or “EFDC_DSI” type.

When you download the full setup then you would have the executable for “EFDC_DSI”. If you have only one exe file for “EFDC_DSI” you don’t even need to use the exe file for “EFDC_GVC”. You would be able to use all the features in EFDC Explorer when you choose “EFDC_DSI”. You can find the executable for “EFDC_DSI” on the location where you install EFDC Explorer.

Janesh

efdc_help wrote: When you download the full setup then you would have the executable for "EFDC_DSI". If you have only one exe file for "EFDC_DSI" you don't even need to use the exe file for "EFDC_GVC". You would be able to use all the features in EFDC Explorer when you choose "EFDC_DSI". You can find the executable for "EFDC_DSI" on the location where you install EFDC Explorer.
I did download the full set up. When I run using the "EFDC" executable file from where I installed EFDC, i get an error that I should used "EFDC_DSI_071 (SGL or OMP) must be used . so i download and tried to use "EFDC_DSI_071_131107" > with these settings, the model don't run, once I click "Run EFDC_EGC" (the only option available), it will just show a dos window for less than a second them immediately close and nothing happens. How do I delete the file i have browsed under the EFDC explorer settings so that under the "EFDC_GVC" path to executable file will be blank? thank you.

I was able to understand the DSI and GVC. I tried to use the executable file from the drive where i installed EFDC and got an error : efdc_dsi_071 sgl or omp must be used but when I used the exe file i downloaded with file name: GetEFDC_DSI_071_131107, and then tried to run the model i get the error:{REMOVED} How do i fix this? please help. thank you.

I replied to your other new post. Please note that “GetEFDC” and “EFDC” are two different programs. GetEFDC is an utility program to extract results for EFDC generated output. Please find the file “EFDC_DSI_071_SGL_130528.exe”. I have attached the file for your reference here.

EFDC_DSI_071_SGL_130528EFDC_DSI_071_SGL_130528

PLease change the extension of file from *.txt to *.exe after you download the file.

Janesh