Difficulty in calibrating water level

I am building a hydrodynamic model using EFDC Explorer. After the model running, I calibrated the water level between simulated and observed. However, they are not matched well (see figure below). What methods can I take to make the model perform better? Very thanks for your advice.
waterlevel_not.png
waterlevel_not-1.png

Can you give me more information about your model?What kind of boundary conditions are you using?Are you taking evaporation into account (this would require activating and setting up the temperature module)?Just based on your figures it looks like it may be a problem with your boundary conditions. You have mass coming into the model at pretty regular intervals, but in your observations, the water level just declines steadily.

Can you give me more information about your model?What kind of boundary conditions are you using?Are you taking evaporation into account (this would require activating and setting up the temperature module)?Just based on your figures it looks like it may be a problem with your boundary conditions. You have mass coming into the model at pretty regular intervals, but in your observations, the water level just declines steadily.