Diagenesis model

Do I need to accomplish sediment models and diagenesis model together? Or are independent?
What time scale I need for diagenesis models in reservoirs?
If the reservoir does not exist, How I can to characterise sediment bed?

Data water quality model can be exported to diagenesis model? This information is the boundary condition for diagenesis model?

What is the difference between Benthic Nutrient Flux Method - Spatially/Temporally varying fluxes and full diagenesis? It is different the outputs?

Thank you very much

The EFDC WQ sub-model and the sediment models are decoupled. So you can run them separately.

The WQ sub-model and the sediment diagenesis model are coupled: the WQ can be run without the sediment diagenesis model, but the sediment diagensis model requires the WQ sub-model. We are not sure what you mean by time scale, but the sediment diagenesis is computed at interval of kinetics of the WQ.

In terms of the difference between varying benthic fluxes and full diagenesis, in the former the user must specify the mass flux. So if you know the fluxes and they don’t change significantly then this option should be used. In the full diagenesis model the fluxes are computed. So the difference is between constant and dynamic fluxes.

Thank you very much.
I have other questions regarding pH and Reduction potential, and diagenesis model; How you related those in the model?, or EFDC do not take into account this variables in the sediment model?

I have been running Temporally Varying Benthic Flux(2014_09) in full diagenesis model, with parameters that give anoxic conditions in the water column, but never I have production of H2S, what I need to produce H2S?
The boundary conditions were:
Low oxygen dissolt concentration
High Chemical oxygen demand
High green algae concetration

pH is not handled anywhere in EFDC at this stage. It is something we are looking to take into account in an upgrade to the WQ sub-model later in 2017.

The EFDC diagenesis sub-model should be producing H2S under anoxic conditions in the water column.