An error in velocity visualization

Hello All,
I am simulating a WWTP discharge to a river (main channel). The discharge goes into a ditch, and this ditch connects to the main channel.

Since i cannot upload figures to this forum, so i will try to explain it using plain text.
- point A is the upstream boundary where my discharge located
- point B is the point where main channel connecst to the dicth

Here comes my problem. If correct, flow should go from A to B, since A is the upstream. But with EE visualization, the flow is from B to A, which is obviously wrong. While when i checked the WSE, the WSE at point A is higher than point B. So something may be wrong with the display, either the velocity or WSE, since they are contradict with each other. It is not likely a hydraulic jump (although i am not sure whether EFDC can simulate it), since velocity is really low, around 0.1 m/s

Thanks for your insight,
Hailiang

We need to see your model and your set up to determine the issue. If water level at A is higher B it is obvious that flow direction is from A to B. You should check the sign of discharge at A. In this case the discharge at A must be positive to make sure that the flow is going to the domain. You can send us the input files to support@eemodelingsystem.com if you can’t solve the issue and we will have a look if we have time.